“Congratulations to Consumer Cellular, a ClearSky customer of nearly three years and newly-named “Top Cell Phone Carrier” by Consumer Reports’ annual customer satisfaction survey. Click here to view full report. To learn more about Consumer Cellular visit www.ConsumerCellular.com.
ClearSky Mobile Media, Inc., a leading provider of mobile data services to regional wireless carriers, today announced its acquisition of wireless data service provider, GetLisa Information Services, Inc. The addition of more than 30 new clients, along with 50 existing clients, brings ClearSky’s total customer base to over 80 wireless carriers, serving more than 8 million subscribers.
The purchase of GetLisa solidifies ClearSky’s position as the leader in the regional wireless carrier market by driving innovation, reliability and efficiency, and allowing the company to:
- Increase its scale to operate more efficiently and provide a broader range of services.
- Facilitate the addition of a geographically redundant data center.
- Expand coverage hours for customer support.
- Offer premium and standard rate SMS shortcode services (including local shortcode programs) with an industry-leading roster of SMS aggregator partnerships.
- Augment its existing team of seasoned professionals by adding talented and experienced personnel.
“We look forward to taking advantage of our combined strength to further improve the range and quality of ClearSky services,” said Bill Poellmitz, President and CEO of ClearSky. “We consider the purchase of GetLisa to be an important strategic element of our continued growth as the leading provider of data services for regional wireless carriers.”
“Our products and services are highly complementary, so combining the two companies was a logical step,” said George Woodward, CEO of GetLisa Information Services. “This acquisition promotes cross-selling of products to GetLisa customers and vice versa, thereby enhancing ClearSky’s broad service offering and improving satisfaction across our combined customer base.”