Job Description: Advanced Services Core Engineer (CS & PS)
About ClearSky Technologies:
For more than a decade, ClearSky Technologies has been a leader in providing hosted infrastructure to mobile operators. ClearSky’s powerful array of products and services includes hosted LTE services, traffic and policy management, small cell as a service, multi-generation SMS, MMS and mobile Internet access. Headquartered in Orlando with offices in Boulder and Dallas, ClearSky currently provides mobile data infrastructure services to more than 50 wireless operators across the Americas. For more information, visit www.clearskytechnologies.com.
ClearSky is seeking a Core Engineer to play a key role in ClearSky’s network infrastructure LTE and Small Cell hosting business. This position requires demonstrated knowledge in the implementation and support of wireless switches and complex, Linux-based systems with direct experience with UMTS & LTE a strong plus. Further, the position requires the ability to work with both internal staff and supplier personnel to identify and reconcile issues that include: switch/site turn-up and testing, interconnect design, as well as billing and direct customer support. Also, the Core Engineer will be the technical leader and mentor of the workgroup responsible for both the RAN and the Core touched by the customer for ClearSky’s hosted products. The ideal candidate has a passion for learning new technologies, a talent for conveying expertise and knowledge to others, and the ability to work successfully in a cross-functional environment that includes software development, data center operations, project management, marketing, account management and sales.
• Maintain and supply logs to document individual site/application failures. The impact of the failure and an action plan to avoid a repeated failure of the same type.
• Manage operational upgrades / patches for hosted services.
• Be available to perform planned and emergency maintenance during off hours to assure continuous, 24×7 operation of the centrally hosted components of the LTE and Small Cell as a Service offering.
• Manage network related trouble tickets for hosted solutions
• Provide coaching and training to NOC Technicians/Engineers
• Develop, validate and test method-of-procedures (MOPs)
• Perform debugging elements in customer’s network
• Design and generate customer specific reports required to monitor/analyze the customer’s network.
• Analyze network events and perform root cause analysis to prevent impairments/ outages.
• Work with management in coordinating services to achieve customers goals
• Ability to provide high satisfaction of resolution to customers for any issue
• Act as a liaison to vendors for escalations
• College Degree or two to four years of equivalent cellular work experience required.
• Troubleshooting experience of UMTS (PS and CS), LTE (SGW, PGW, MME) or IMS a strong plus.
• Experience with Cisco ASR5k, Starent PDSN, Nortel, Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia, Siemens switches preferred.
• Vendor support background.
• NOC experience with RAN knowledge preferred.
• Hands-on experience managing real-time service systems and the associated work rules required.
• Experience in working for a wireless carrier, wide area data networking company, or Internet
• Ability to work in 24/7 environment.
• Demonstrated knowledge of switch troubleshooting tools, WireShark preferred.
ClearSky Corporate Requirements:
• Submitting to a background investigation is a required part of the selection process.
• Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States for any employer is required.
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours when the needs of the business dictate is required.
• Ability to travel on an “as needed” basis at project locations is required, and a valid passport is preferred.
ClearSky is an equal opportunity employer.