ClearSky Technologies, Inc. in downtown Orlando is seeking a Systems Administrator to work in our Operations department to help manage a geographically distributed environment consisting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Windows servers in both real and virtual configurations, on discrete and blade chassis. You will help design, build and manage a local redundant SAN, and work in concert with management and your peers on a shared distributed architecture. You will carry a company-provided cell phone and tablet, and be available for rotations on 24/7 for Tier 3 level technical support. Any experience working in the cellular or telecommunications industry is highly desirable, but is not required.
- Hardware – Build and installation in our data center.
- Software – Build and support of Operating System and core applications.
- Management of file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed monitoring tools.
- System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Business continuity planning.
- Cluster management.
- Security management.
- User/technical support for ClearSky’s hosted services and applications.
- Proactive identification of opportunities for change and improvement with our hosted systems and applications.
- Coordination with resources from other departments to identify and resolve issues with our hosted systems and applications.
- Maintenance of client documentation for the applications.
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States for any employer.
- Five to seven years experience in computing, development, architecture and/or client/server n-tier application environments.
- Proficient at troubleshooting production issues, solving problems, and implementing updates to production software.
- Solid knowledge of Linux commands and utilities, and experience with troubleshooting Perl and Linux Shell Scripts.
- Comfort with basic networking protocols (TCP/IP, RADIUS, HTTP, SMTP, etc).
- Minimum of one year hands-on experience with MySQL and/or MS SQL.
- First-hand experience working in a virtualized environment (Sun/Oracle 6000 blade is desired).
- Working knowledge of SAN systems, Sun 7420/7410 is desired.
- Working knowledge of Tomcat 5.5.x & Tomcat 6.x application server setup/configuration is desired.
- Working knowledge of IIS 6/7 is desired.
- Good organizational and vendor management skills, inclusive of issue tracking, metric reporting, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in effective decision-making within a high-pressure 24×7 environment.
- Strong research, investigation and evaluation skills.
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate problems/support requests in order to influence the prioritization of production defects and/or enhancements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Results-oriented and highly flexible, able to work with minimal supervision.
Education & Certifications:
- 4 Year Technical Degree (Example: BSCS, BSEE, etc.)
This is a full-time position at our offices in Orlando
Some travel is required.
ClearSky believes in certifications and training.
Principals only — no third parties, please.
ClearSky is an equal opportunity employer.
For more than a decade, ClearSky Technologies has been a leader in providing mobile data solutions for regional wireless carriers, enabling them to offer the same advanced technology as national carriers such as AT&T, Sprint and Verizon. ClearSky’s powerful array of products and services includes LTE, traffic and policy management, Multi-Generation SMS, MMS and mobile Internet gateway, along with P-SMS and carrier-branded content portals. Headquartered in Orlando, ClearSky currently provides mobile data services to more than 80 wireless operators serving 8 million subscribers across the Americas. For more information, visit www.csky.com.
Competitive salary, Excellent benefits