ClearSky Technologies, Inc. in downtown Orlando is seeking a Systems Administrator to work in our Operations department to help manage a geographically distributed environment consisting of Red Hat Enterprise Linux along with a few Windows servers in both real and virtual configurations, on discrete and blade chassis. You will help design, build and manage a local redundant SAN, and work in concert with management and your peers on a shared distributed architecture. You will carry a company-provided cell phone and tablet, and be available for rotations on 24/7 for Tier 3 level technical support. Any experience working in the cellular or telecommunications industry is desirable, but is not required.
- Hardware – Build and installation in our data center.
- Software – Build and support of Operating System and core applications.
- Management of file systems, monitor performance and troubleshoot alerts from commercial, open source and locally developed monitoring tools.
- System failure analysis and recovery; insuring the consistency and integrity of file systems.
- Business continuity planning.
- Cluster management.
- SAN management.
- Security management.
- User/technical support for ClearSky’s hosted services and applications.
- Proactive identification of opportunities for change and improvement with our hosted systems and applications.
- Coordination with resources from other departments to identify and resolve issues with our hosted systems and applications.
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States for any employer.
- Five to seven years experience in computing, development, architecture and/or client/server n-tier application environments.
- Proficient at troubleshooting production issues, solving problems, and implementing updates to production software.
- Solid knowledge of Linux commands and utilities, and experience with troubleshooting Perl and Linux Shell Scripts.
- Comfort with basic networking protocols (TCP/IP, RADIUS, HTTP, SMTP, etc)
- Minimum of one year hands-on experience with MySQL and/or MS SQL.
- First-hand experience working in a virtualized environment (Sun/Oracle 6000 blade is ideal, Convirture or VMWare management).
- Working knowledge of SAN systems, Sun 7420/7410 is desired.
- Working knowledge of Tomcat 5.5.x & Tomcat 6.x application server setup/configuration is desired.
- Working knowledge of IIS 6/7 is a nice to have.
- Supervisory or management experience is a nice to have.
- Good organizational and vendor management skills, inclusive of issue tracking, metric reporting, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in effective decision-making within a high-pressure 24×7 environment.
- Strong research, investigation and evaluation skills.
- Ability to identify and clearly communicate problems/support requests in order to influence the prioritization of production defects and/or enhancements.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Results-oriented and highly flexible, able to work with minimal supervision.
Education & Certifications:
- 4 Year Technical Degree (Example: BSCS, BSEE, etc.)
This is a full-time position at our offices in Orlando.
Some travel is required.
ClearSky believes in certifications and training.
Principals only — no third parties, please.
ClearSky is an equal opportunity employer.
For more than a decade, ClearSky Technologies has been a leader in providing hosted infrastructure to mobile operators. ClearSky’s powerful array of products and services includes next-generation RF planning services, hosted small cell as a service, traffic and policy management and LTE services. Headquartered in Orlando, ClearSky currently provides RF planning and hosted infrastructure services to more than 50 wireless operators across the Americas.
Competitive salary, Excellent benefits.